You will often notice the words “simple” and “easy” on Go Dairy Free because that is how we roll it. I don’t think good dairy-free food has to be complicated or take too long, and this almond milk cream is proof of that. It is made up of four basic ingredients for a dessert that is not only delicious, but completely healthy. We originally shared this recipe in 2007, but we’re giving the post an update!
Almond milk cream is a healthy paleo dessert made with honey
We initially shared this sample recipe from Sandra Ramacher’s book Healing foods: cooking for celiacs, colitis, Crohn’s disease and IBS at the time of its first publication. She has since published a second edition, so I am updating this article and the recipe. His book is based on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet and some recipes use dairy products. But most are either dairy free, like this almond milk cream, or dairy products are optional.
Sandra doesn’t add salt to her almond milk cream, but we like to add a pinch of it. It’s up to you – I just think it helps bring the flavors together. But leaving the custard to cool in the fridge for a few hours also helps it blend. Garnish with fresh fruit to make the whole dessert pop!
Special diet notes: custard with almond milk
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and paleo-friendly.
Almond Milk Cream
Author: Adapted from Healing Foods
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups of dairy-free almond milk
- 5 eggs
- ⅓ cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- cup of raisins (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300 ° F. Place 6 individual ramekins in a baking dish and fill the baking dish with water halfway up the ramekins.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together almond milk, eggs, honey and vanilla. Put on medium heat and cook for 1 minute, whisking but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and distribute the mixture evenly between the ramekins.
- Carefully transfer the baking dish to your oven (you don’t want to spill any water!)
- Remove from the oven and place the creams in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving.
More paleo desserts without dairy products
No-Bake Salted Caramel Bars
Paleo Fruit Pie